Saturday 5 December 2015

Thailand: royal splendor

Last month we escaped to Thailand for some R&R and as many mango and sticky rices as we could manage.

In Bangkok we went on a great tuk tuk food tour which stopped at their huge flower market which late at night was heaving with people. The orchids, all at about 75p for a bundle made me swoon, If I lived in Bangkok I would be just like Elton John with  gazillion flowers in the house refreshed daily.



Many of the flowers were for offerings...


Masses of roses all at about £2 each.

Crazily our guide was most enamoured with the few air conditioned shops selling flowers we were more familiar with  like hydrangeas. No no no! stick with your exotica!


Then back to the Grand Palace for some proper Thai gardens....amazing pots and well clipped trees *swoon*





Sadly I did't manage to fit any in my suitcase....

No comments:

Post a Comment